Hawthorn Berry Extract.Hawthorn Leaf Extract.
- Basic Botanical Information of Hawthorn.
- Brief Medicinal Uses of Hawthorn.
- Hawthorn Relieve chronic heart conditions.
- Phytochemicals,Constituents and Chemical Composition of Hawthorn.
- Brief Physiological Functions of Hawthorn.
- Common Benefit,Effects and Properties of Hawthorn.
- Suggestions,Administration and Safety of Hawthorn.
- Hawthorn:Witches' Ointments.
- Hawthorn:identification of certain constituent.
- How Search engine think about Hawthorn.
- Research update of Hawthorn Fruit Extracts Hawthorn Leaves Extracts.
- Photo Gallery of Hawthorn,Crataegus monogyna.
Applications and Properties:
Early stages of heart disease.
Congestive heart failure.
CNS Actions(central nervous system).
High blood pressure.
Used to promote the health of the circulatory system, treat angina, high blood pressure, congestive heart failure and cardiac arrhythmia and has been found to strengthen the heart. Hawthorn is widely regarded in Europe as a safe and effective treatment for the early stages of heart disease and has been used for a number of ailments including angina, myocarditis, arteriosclerosis, nervous conditions like insomnia, and diarrhea. It has also been indicated for strengthening blood vessels, vascular insufficiency and blood clots, restoring the heart muscle wall, lowering cholesterol and to aid digestion.
Dosage:extract suggested 500~2000mgs daily for general health conditions.
Safety and Toxicity:
Safety and Acute toxicity (LD50):No toxicity has been directly related to Crataegus preparations. The acute parenteral toxicity (LD50), tested in different animals, was found in a range of 18+-4 mL/kg, with that of individual constituents ranging from 50-2,600 mg/kg. The acute oral toxicity was reported to be in a range of 18.5+-3.8 mL/kg and 6 g/kg, respectively. In humans, therapeutic doses of hawthorn did not have adverse effects. However, drug interactions are likely with other cardiovascular agents, generating unwanted synergetic effects. Hawthorn can potentiate cardiac glycoside action of digitalis (or other related drugs, such as digitoxin, digoxin, or gitalin). Patients who take these drugs should consult with a medical professional before taking hawthorn.
- Hawthorn Berry Extract.Hawthorn Leaf Extract.
♥The article and literature were edited by Herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals, including comprehensive information related, summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website https://www.mdidea.com and https://www.mdidea.net, we tried to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: