Horny Goat Weed or Epimedium Herb:Botanical Origin,Archeology,Traditional and Pharmacological findings of Epimedium species,fractions and isolated components.
- Botanical info of Horny Goat Weed or Epimedium.
- Botanical Origin:What is Herba Epimedii?
- Archeology:How did Horny Goat Weed get its name?
- Mechanism of Action:How Does Horny Goat Weed Work?
- Horny Goat Weed:Salvation Weed For Male Sex Lives.
- Epimedium Herb and its Traditional Applications.
- Applicational pharmacological findings of Epimedium species,fractions and isolated components.
- Cautions,Side Effects and Toxicity of Epimedium Herb.
- A Tradition from Erxian Tang:Two Immortals Decoction?
- Phytochemicals and Constituents of Herba Epimedii.
- How Search engine think about Horny Goat Weed.
- Research update literature of Epimedium species,fractions and components.
- Photo Gallery of Epimedium Herb.
Mechanism of Action:How Does Horny Goat Weed Work?:
Horny Goat Weed's combination of botanical ingredients may enhance sexual performance through a variety of mechanisms such as increased testosterone production, increased energy and increased sexual hormone production. ( See Clinical Trials)
Many of the herbs contained in Horny Goat Weed have been used in traditional botanical medicine in China, South America and Ayruveda.
Epimedium contains a compound known as lcariin that helps stimulate the nerves throughout the body. Advanced studies reveal that this stimulation effect is particularly experienced in the genital area of the body.
Horny Goat Weed has been used as an aphrodisiac for hundreds of years, and research has also proven its effects on improving sexual desire and performance. So how does Horny Goat Weed work? Research has shown that Horny Goat Weed can inhibit an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase (AChE). AChE rapidly stops neurotransmission at cholinergic synapses like those found in the brain and at neuromuscular junctions, which are needed for speedy responses in the neuromuscular system. By inhibiting AChE,Horny Goat Weed supports higher levels of the key cholinergic neurotransmitters associated with sexual arousal.
It is a robust all-natural stimulant that can support a more robust life as well as love-life
The leaves of the plant contain a variety of flavonoids, polysaccharides, sterols and an alkaloid called magnoflorin. Many cultures have reported that Horny Goat Weed supports increased libido, improved erectile function, and relief from menopausal discomfort. While the scientific community has focused mainly on men and treatments for erectile dysfunction, women's sexual performance and loss of sex drive (among both sexes) are also hot issues today.
Mechanism study:the therapeutic action of icariin on erectile dysfunction(ED):
Some clinical researchers do research and showed PDE5 was isolated from the human platelet and PDE4 from the rat liver tissue using the FPLC system (Pharmacia, Milton Keynes, UK) and the Mono Q column. The inhibitory effects of icariin on PDE5 and PDE4 activities were investigated by the two-step radioisotope procedure with [(3)H]-cGMP/[(3)H]-cAMP. Papaverine served as the control drug.
Icariin and papaverine showed dose-dependent inhibitory effects on PDE5 and PDE4 activities. The IC(50) of Icariin and papaverine on PDE5 were 0.432 micromol/L and 0.680 micromol/L, respectively and those on PDE4, 73.50 micromol/L and 3.07 micromol/L, respectively. The potencies of selectivity of icariin and papaverine on PDE5 (PDE4/PDE5 of IC(50)) were 167.67 times and 4.54 times, respectively.
And icariin is a cGMP-specific PDE5 inhibitor that may be developed into an oral effective agent for the treatment of ED.
- 1.Horny Goat Weed or Epimedium Herb:Botanical Origin,Archeology,Traditional and Pharmacological findings of Epimedium species,fractions and isolated components.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: