Silymarin.Milk Thistle and applications.
- Botanical Basic Data of Milk Thistle.
- Phytochemicals of milk thistle.
- History of Silymarin and foundation.
- Modern Application and function of Silymarin and silybin.
- Dosage and Administration.
- Milk Thistle:Pharmacology.
- The Awesome Power of the Milk Thistle.
- How Search engine think about Milk Thistle.
- Research Update of Silybum Marianum.Silymarin
- Photo Gallery of Silybum marianum.
Applications and Properties:
Inhibitor of Beta-glucuronidase.
Anti Free radicals.
Hepatoprotective,Liver injury protection of silymarin.
Silymarin reduced lipoperoxidative hepatic damage.
Silymarin proved against hepatotoxicity.
Promotes milk secretion,treat lactation problems,prevent cancer.
A number of studies have suggested that silymarin is an anti-inflammatory. It regulates inflammatory mediators such as tumor necrosis factor (TNF), TNF-alpha, nitrous oxide, interleukin-, and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist. Silymarin also increases lymphocyte proliferation, interferon gamma, interleukin-, and interleukin- cytokines, in a dose-dependent manner. Taken together, these effects suggest a possible role in preventing or treating infectious disease.
Dosage: For standardized extract, 200-400 mg of silymarine per day is recommended.
Safety and Toxicity:
Acute toxicity(LD50):Silymarin.LD50-Lethal dose,50 percent kill. Intravenous.Rodent-mouse.>1600 mg/kg.Details of toxic effects not reported other than lethal dose value.
- Silymarin.Milk Thistle and applications.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: