The Secret of Soy,What is Soy Isoflavones?Function of Natural Genistein?Soy Bean Extract.
- Basic Info of Soy Isoflavones.
- Introduction and Brief Benefits of Soy Isoflavones.
- Actions and Pharmacology.
- Women's health and Isoflavones.
- Suggestions and Administration.
- Soy Isoflavones Metabolism.
- Soy Isoflavones Estrogenic and Anti-Estrogenic Activities.
- Soy Isoflavones Estrogen Receptor-Independent Activities.
- Soy Isoflavones Prevent Cardiovascular Disease.
- Soy Isoflavones and Hormone-associated Cancers.
- Soy Isoflavones Prevent Osteoporosis.
- Soy Isoflavones Help Prevent Cognitive Decline.
- Soy Isoflavones Treatment Menopausal Symptoms.
- Soy isoflavone glycitein protects against beta amyloid-induced toxicity and oxidative stress in transgenic Caenorhabditis elegans.
- Pharmacokinetics of isoflavones, daidzein and genistein, after ingestion of soy beverage compared with soy extract capsules in postmenopausal Thai women.
- What is genistein?
- Genistein mimics human estrogens.
- Actions of the soy phytoestrogen genistein in models of human chronic disease: potential involvement of transforming growth factor Beta.
- Estrogenic Effects of Genistein.
- Effect of genistein to control postmenopausal symptoms and bone loss.
- Safety and Acute toxicity.
- How Search engine think about Genistein.
- Research Update and latest findings of Soy Isoflavones.Daidzein.Daidzin.Genistein.Genistin related.
- Photo Gallery of Glycine max.
Soy isoflavone glycitein protects against beta amyloid-induced toxicity and oxidative stress in transgenic Caenorhabditis elegans.:
Background: Epidemiological studies have associated estrogen replacement therapy with a lower risk of developing Alzheimer's disease, but a higher risk of developing breast cancer and certain cardiovascular disorders. The neuroprotective effect of estrogen prompted us to determine potential therapeutic impact of soy-derived estrogenic compounds. Transgenic C. elegans, that express human beta amyloid (Abeta), were fed with soy derived isoflavones genistein, daidzein and glycitein (100 microg/ml) and then examined for Abeta-induced paralysis and the levels of reactive oxygen species.
Results: Among the three compounds tested, only glycitein alleviated Abeta expression-induced paralysis in the transgenic C. elegans. This activity of glycitein correlated with a reduced level of hydrogen peroxide in the transgenic C. elegans. In vitro scavenging effects of glycitein on three types of reactive oxygen species confirmed its antioxidant properties. Furthermore, the transgenic C. elegans fed with glycitein exhibited reduced formation of beta amyloid.
Conclusion:These findings suggest that a specific soy isoflavone glycitein may suppress Abeta toxicity through combined antioxidative activity and inhibition of Abeta deposition, thus may have therapeutic potential for prevention of Abeta associated neurodegenerative disorders.
- The Secret of Soy,What is Soy Isoflavones?Function of Natural Genistein?Soy Bean Extract.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: