The Secret of Soy,What is Soy Isoflavones?Function of Natural Genistein?Soy Bean Extract.
- Basic Info of Soy Isoflavones.
- Introduction and Brief Benefits of Soy Isoflavones.
- Actions and Pharmacology.
- Women's health and Isoflavones.
- Suggestions and Administration.
- Soy Isoflavones Metabolism.
- Soy Isoflavones Estrogenic and Anti-Estrogenic Activities.
- Soy Isoflavones Estrogen Receptor-Independent Activities.
- Soy Isoflavones Prevent Cardiovascular Disease.
- Soy Isoflavones and Hormone-associated Cancers.
- Soy Isoflavones Prevent Osteoporosis.
- Soy Isoflavones Help Prevent Cognitive Decline.
- Soy Isoflavones Treatment Menopausal Symptoms.
- Soy isoflavone glycitein protects against beta amyloid-induced toxicity and oxidative stress in transgenic Caenorhabditis elegans.
- Pharmacokinetics of isoflavones, daidzein and genistein, after ingestion of soy beverage compared with soy extract capsules in postmenopausal Thai women.
- What is genistein?
- Genistein mimics human estrogens.
- Actions of the soy phytoestrogen genistein in models of human chronic disease: potential involvement of transforming growth factor Beta.
- Estrogenic Effects of Genistein.
- Effect of genistein to control postmenopausal symptoms and bone loss.
- Safety and Acute toxicity.
- How Search engine think about Genistein.
- Research Update and latest findings of Soy Isoflavones.Daidzein.Daidzin.Genistein.Genistin related.
- Photo Gallery of Glycine max.
Effect of genistein to control postmenopausal symptoms and bone loss.:
Post-menopausal women suffer symptoms like hot flushes and they are also at a higher risk of bone fractures due to osteoporosis.?This is attributable to a lower level of estrogen secretion by the ovaries of these women.Albertazzi P et al conducted a clinical study in 1998 whereby 104 post-menopausal women were given a daily supplement of 60 g of isolated soy protein or placebo (casein) (Albertazzi P., et al 1998).
By the fourth week of the clinical trial, subjects that were given soy supplement showed a significant reduction in the mean number of hot flushes per 24 hours. By week 12, there was a 15% (p less than 0.01) decrease in the number of hot flushes in soy group subjects compared to the control.
This study confirms that genistein which has weak estrogenic property is able to counteract the natural loss of estrogen in post-menopausal women.Genistein is now commercially available as health food to combat such symptoms and bone loss.A note of caution however; genistein at high concentration in the body can work the reverse; it exhibits anti-estrogenic activity.This activity may be linked to genistein anti-tumour effect on breast cancer
- The Secret of Soy,What is Soy Isoflavones?Function of Natural Genistein?Soy Bean Extract.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: