St. John's Wort Hypericum perforatum super function.St. John's Wort Extract.
- Basic Botanical Info of St. John's Wort.
- St. John's Wort:Origin and Phytochemicals.
- St. John's Wort and the Treatment of Depression.
- Why might the U.S. trial have contradicted the European research?
- Why is St. John's wort used as an alternative therapy for depression?
- Does St. John's wort work as a treatment for depression?
- Folklore:St. John's wort.
- St. John's wort As a Ward.
- St. John's wort Administrations.
- Research update of St. John's Wort Hypericum perforatum and hypericin.
- Photo Gallery of Hypericum perforatum.
Applications and Properties:
Actions:Anxiolytic, sedative, astringent, anti-inflammatory, topically analgesic and antiseptic.
Indications: Excitability, neuralgia, fibrositis, sciatica. Topically for wounds. Specifically indicated in menopausal neurosis.
Nerve healer:Hypericum has a thymoleptic action which results in an improved sense of well-being. It has long been used as a nerve healer in melancholic conditions, depression, exhaustion and convalescence.degree of overtension, such as insomnia, cramps and colic of the viscera and uterus, epilepsy, diarrhoea, and enuresis in children,conditions where nervous tension and depression occur together.
Dosage:Infusion - 1 - 2 tablespoons;Fluid extract (1:1) - 20 - 30 drops - three times daily;Powder extract:300 to 1,800 mg daily.
Safety and Toxicity:
Considered safe for human consumption but hypericin has been shown to produce photosensitization in cattle and a very small number of sensitive humans.
- St. John's Wort Hypericum perforatum super function.St. John's Wort Extract.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: