Lesser Galangal:the Root of Alpinia officinarum,a warm tonic and herb of PureYang,its botanical introduction,recorded uses from ancient herbalists and new applications.
- Botanical Information of Galangal,Lesser Galangal.
- Botanical Description of Galangal:Alpiniae Officinarum,Lesser Galangal.
- Phytochemicals and Constituents of Lesser Galangal.
- Applications of Lesser Galangal.
- History of Lesser Galangal and Historical Notes of Radix Galangae on Pharmacy.
- Galangal and Cyperus Formula:Liang Fu Wan and Treatment of cold-type pain.
- Galangal formulation activating blood circulation to remove stasis.
- Application Guide,Warnings and Precautions of Galangal.
- Galangal and Its Other Uses.
- Modern Researches of Galangal.
Applications and Properties:
Treat cold and cold induced disease.
Treat distending pain in the abdomen due to stomach-cold and stagnation of liver-qi.
Nitric oxide inhibitors.
Against the carcinogenic potential of overcooked, char-grilled foods.
Prevent heart disease and lipid peroxidation.
Prevents the conversion of testosterone to estrogen:aromatase inhibitor.
Blood circulation to remove stasis.
Galangal improves the appetite and it stimulates the blood stream in the body and the brain. The herb improves health and vitality. It is also used as a sexual stimulant.
Dosage Suggsation from Pharmacopia:the CP(Chinese Pharmacopia) noted the herb Galangal root nature spicy and hot,enter into the spleen and stomach meridians.Main functions warming stomach for dispelling cold,help digestion and relieve pains,indicated for cold pain in the stomach duct and abdomen,stomach cold vomiting,belching and acid swallowing,suggested dosage 3 to 6 grams daily,and storage at cool dry place.
Safety and Toxicity:
Acute Toxicity:LD.Lethal dose.Oral.Rodent-mouse.>1500 mg/kg.Details of toxic effects not reported other than lethal dose value.
Health risks or side effects following the proper administration of designated therapeutic dosages are not reported.Larger doses can lead to mild visual hallucinations.
- 1.Lesser Galangal:the Root of Alpinia officinarum,a warm tonic and herb of PureYang,its botanical introduction,recorded uses from ancient herbalists and new applications.
♥The article and literature were edited by Herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals, including comprehensive information related, summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website https://www.mdidea.com and https://www.mdidea.net, we tried to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: