Licorice:Glycyrrhiza Glabra,Licorice Root Extract.
- Botanical Basic Data of Licorice.Glycyrrhiza Glabra.
- Narrative History and Description of licorice root.
- Phytochemicals and constituents of licorice root.
- Application and functionality of Licorice root.Glycyrrhiza Glabra.
- Therapeutics and Pharmacology:Glycyrrhiza from Licorice root stimulate endocrine system..
- Therapeutics and Pharmacology:super antibiotics,anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic,anti-arthritic.
- Nutrients,Uses,Acations and Indications of licorice root.
- Precautions and Possible Interactions of licorice root.
- Dosage and Safety of licorice root.
- Property and Applications of Licorice flavonoid.
- Estrogen of Licorice and Apply.
- How search engine think about Licorice.
- Research Update:Licorice.
Dosage and Safety of licorice root.:
Dried root:1 to 5 g as an infusion or decoction three times per day
Licorice 1:5 tincture:2 to 5 mL three times per day
DGL extract:0.4 to 1.6 g three times per day for peptic ulcer
DGL extract 4:1: in chewable tablet form 300 to 400 mg 20 minutes before meals for peptic ulcer
A general medicinal dose is 1-2 cups of licorice tea a day. 1/2 to 1 teasp. of licorice root or powder is infused to 1 cup of boiling water. Tincture: 1/2 to 1 teasp. twice a day. For therapeutic use, it is recommended that licorice be taken before meals.
Safety and Toxicity of Licorice Root Component:
LD50: 2.52g/kg (mice/water-based extract/abdominal injection);
LD100: 3.6g/kg (mice/water-based extract/hypodermic injection).
Licorice Root Extract.LD50.Lethal dose,50 percent death.Oral.Rosent-mouse.>7500 mg/kg.
Licorice flavonoids.LD50.Lethal dose,50 percent death.Oral.Rodent-mouse.845 mg/kg
Chronic toxicity studies of Licorice flavonoids in dogs showed them to be devoid of any toxic effects on the heart, liver, kidney and other organs. They also did not cause any change in the levels of serum electrolytes (K+, Na+, and Cl-) as does glycyrrhizin.
Other Toxic Effects on Humans:
Acute Potential Health Effects:
Skin:Not likely to cause skin irritation.
Eyes:Dust may cause mechanical eye irritation.
Inhalation:Dust may cause respiratory tract irritation.Breathing small amount of this material during normal handling is not likely to be harmful.
Ingestion:May cause gastrointestinal tract irritation with hypermotility and diarrhea.Swallowing this material during normal handling is not likely to be harmful.However swallowing large amount may be harmful.It may affect behavior/nervous system(muscle weakness,spastic paralysis,tetany,convulsions),heart,spleen.The toxicity is manifested primarily as hypokalemia.
Chronic Potential Health Effects:
Ingestion:Prolonged or repeated ingestion may affect the liver,and urinary system(kidneys) by binding to enzymes in the liver and kidney and alter the deactivation of glucocorticoids and other steriod hormones.It may also affect the blood,and metabolism(weight loss).
- 1.Licorice:Glycyrrhiza Glabra,Licorice Root Extract.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: