Plantago asiatica,the Plantain Herb and Plantain Seed,a traditional herb for diuresis promoting and stranguria ,its introductions and applications.
- Basic Botanical Information of Plantain.
- Botanical Description of Common plantain.
- What is Plantain Seed?
- Functions of Plantain Seed.Semen plantaginis.
- Indications,Combinations and Administration of Plantain.
- Phytochemicals and Constituents of Plantain.
- Plantain:Pharmacology and Applications.
- Plantain:Psyllium seed,Psyllium husk,The Amazing Fiber!
- Plantain Herb:Notes from Ancient Classics and Ancient Herbalists.
- Rearch Update:Plantain Seed.
Applications and Properties:
Inducing diuresis to treat stranguria.
Removing dampness to arrest diarrhea.
Clearing away heat from the liver and improving vision.
Clearing away heat from the lung and resolving phlegm.
Treatment for diarrhea.
Speed Cirluation and repair damage tissue.
Depresses the secretion of mucous.
Prevent or relieve constipation/Fast acting bulk laxative.
Lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
Staunches blood flow and encourages the repair of damaged tissue.
The CP noted for the Plantain Herb nature cold and taste sweet,enter into the liver,kidney,lung and small intestine meridians,main functions clear heat,prompt diuresis and stranguria,eliminating phlegm,cooling blood,detoxify,indicated for astringent pain of pyretic stranguria(heat strangury),dropsy(oedema) with oliguria,summer-heat and damp,diarrhea(loose bowels),phlegm-heat cough,blood ejection and spontaneous external bleeding,carbuncle sore,suggested dosage 9~30 grams,store at dry and ventilated places.
Safety and Toxicity:
Aucubin per os without inducing any apparent acute toxicity as well as gastric damage,ranging between 25.0~33.3% at 125.1mg/kg
Plantain decoction mice intravenous median lethal dose of 7.9g/kg.Pectin solution mice by intraperitoneal injection of lethal dose of 1.7g/kg;rats daily oral 2g/kg and 3g/kg, for 28 days,the dog daily oral 3g/kg and 5g/kg,for 3 week,showed no obvious abnormalities.
- 1.Plantago asiatica,the Plantain Herb and Plantain Seed,a traditional herb for diuresis promoting and stranguria ,its introductions and applications.
♥The article and literature were edited by Herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals, including comprehensive information related, summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website https://www.mdidea.com and https://www.mdidea.net, we tried to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: