Oriental Waterplantain:the Alisma Rhizome or Ze Xie,a traditional herb taste sweet tasteless and nature cold,its botanical introduction,uses since ancient epoch and new findings.
- Botanical Information of Orient Water Plantain.
- Botanical Description of Orient Water Plantain.
- Botanical Description of Alisma orientalis (Sam.)Juzep.
- Orient Water Plantain:Name Origin.
- Phytochemical and Constituents of Oriental Waterplantain Rhizome.
- Oriental Waterplantain Rhizome:Pharmacology Actions and Indications.
- Oriental Waterplantain Rhizome or Ze Xie:Notes from Ancient Herbal Classics and Herbalists.
- Oriental Waterplantain Rhizome:Administrations and Suggestions.
- Research Update:Alisma orientalis.
Applications and Properties:
The expressed juice, taken while fresh, was said to be good for strangury, and taken with sugar and honey to afford relief for dry coughs, shortness of breath and immoderate thirst, as well as for external application in inflammation and sores.
Anticholesterolemic,diuretic and hypotensive.
Boost Sex-Drive for Women.
Prompt diuresis,clear heat dampness,clearing damp and promoting diuresis,
Discharge heat and treating stranguria,
Cardiovascular system.Lowering blood fat and anti-atherosclerosis.
Enhancing immunity end anti-inflammation.
Lipotropic effect/fatty liver.Perfect weight loss.
The herb Alisma Rhizome taste sweet tasteless and nature cold,enter into kidney and gallbladder meridians.
Indicated for dysuria(difficulty in micturition),Edema and swelling,oliguria diarrhea,diarrhoea(loose bowels),phlegm and retained fluid,vertigo and dizziness,pyretic stranguria and astringent pain,hyperlipemia,nocturnal emission(spermatorrhea),disease of the bladder and urinary tract,etc.
Dosage:Suggested dosage internal as decoction 6~12 grams,or into pellets or powder.Cautions:kidney deficiency with seminal efflux without heat dampness should Not take it.
Safety and Toxicity:
Safety and Toxicity: LD50:0.78g/kg (mice/alcohol-based extract/IV);1.27g/kg (mice/alcohol-based extract/abdominal injection).
Precautions:It may lead to spermatorrhea if used in large dosage.Frequent administration of water plantain rhizome can blur the vision becuase by inducing diuresis,a state of deficiency of kidney-qi can be the result,which causes the vision to blur.
- 1.Oriental Waterplantain:the Alisma Rhizome or Ze Xie,a traditional herb taste sweet tasteless and nature cold,its botanical introduction,uses since ancient epoch and new findings.
♥The article and literature were edited by Herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals, including comprehensive information related, summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website https://www.mdidea.com and https://www.mdidea.net, we tried to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: