Bai Shu or Atractylodes macrocephala,a Miracle herb for deficiency and wind-cold-dampness arthralgia.
- Basic botanical information of Bai Shu or Atractylodes macrocephala.
- Atractylodes Macrocephala:Plant morphology and distribution,cultivation matters.
- Atractylodes harvest storage,and traits!
- Chemical Constituents of Atractylodes macrocephala.
- Preparations of Atractylodes macrocephala.
- Pharmacological Action of Atractylodes macrocephala,and Safety.
- Administration and Suggestions of Atractylodes macrocephala.
- Atractylodes macrocephala or Bai Shu:Notes from Ancient Herbal Classics and Herbalists.
- Research Update:Atractylodes macrocephala.
Applications and Properties:
Significant and long-lasting diuretic effect.
Strong or roborant effect.
Promote Hematopoietic Function.
Strengthening the spleen and replenishing Qi,
Eliminating dampness and alleviate water retention,
The herb Rhizoma Aractylodis Macrocephalae(Bai Shu) taste bitter,sweet,nature warm.Enter into spleen,stomach meridians.
In the TCM system,the herb Rhizoma Aractylodis Macrocephalae(Bai Shu) is indicated for spleen deficiency poor appetite,deficiency-weakness of spleen-QI,poor appetite with abdominal distension,abdominal distension diarrhea,phlegm and retained fluid with dizziness and palpitate,phlegm and retained fluid with dizziness,fluid retention stagnating in the interior,heat numbness with ache pains,edema(hydroncus,oedema,dropsy),dysuria(difficulty in micturition),thin sloppy stool,spontaneous perspiration(sweating),spontaneous perspiration due to deficiency of vital energy,threatened abortion,exhausted and fatigue,etc.The parepared herb Tu Bai Shu functions strengthening the spleen,harmonize the stomach,miscarriage prevention,indicated for spleen deficiency poor appetite,diarrhea loosestools,threatened abortion.
Dosage:Suggested Dosage of the Rhizoma Aractylodis Macrocephalae(Bai Shu) internal as decoction 3~15 grams,or into paste,or into pellets or powder.The parepared herb Tu Bai Shu suggested 6~12 grams.
Safety and Toxicity:
Acute Toxicity:Mice intraperitoneal injection decoction median lethal dose(LD50) is 13.3 ± 0.7g/kg. Anesthetized dogs,intravenous decoction 0.25g/kg,most cases showed drastic blood pressure decline, the average result decreased to 52.8% of the original level,did not recover in 3-4 hours.
- 1.Bai Shu or Atractylodes macrocephala,a Miracle herb for deficiency and wind-cold-dampness arthralgia.
♥The article and literature were edited by Herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals, including comprehensive information related, summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website https://www.mdidea.com and https://www.mdidea.net, we tried to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: