Description and remedy use of Tall Gastrodia Tuber,Rhizoma Gastrodiae and its Determination Method...
- Basic Botanical Data of Tall Gastrodia Tuber.
- Botanical Desription:Tall Gastrodia Tuber.
- Phytochemicals and constituents of Tall Gastrodia Tuber:Rhizoma Gastrodiae.
- Gastrodia Tuber Remedy for Migraines.
- Functions and indications of Tall Gastrodia Tuber:Rhizoma Gastrodiae.
- Gastrodia Formula and Gastrodia Elixir.
- Treatment of Vascular Dementia of Tall Gastrodia Tuber:Rhizoma Gastrodiae.
- Actions and Pharmacology of Tall Gastrodia Tuber:Rhizoma Gastrodiae.
- How to Use Tall Gastrodia Tuber:Rhizoma Gastrodiae.
- Determination Method of Gastrodine in Product of Rhizoma Gastrodiae.
- Research Update:Gastrodia Tuber,Rhizoma Gastrodiae.
Applications and Properties:
Effects on cardiac muscles.
Sedative and analgesic effects.
Inflammation and immunity.
Anti-aging and anti-fatigue effects.
Effects on memory.Headache and light-headedness.
Improves Mental Function in Stroke Patients/vascular dementia.
Up- stirring of endogenous wind due to liver disordersshown as epilepsy induced by fright and convulsion.
Rheumatic arthralgia, numbnessof the limbs or tetra-plegia.
For dizziness and headache caused by hyperactivity of liver-yang.
For high febrile convulsion, infantile epilepsy and convulsion.
For headache caused by latent wind.
Treats epilepsy due to fright and clonic convulsions (violent contractions and relaxations of muscles) as a result of internal movement of liver-wind.
Treats numbness of the limbs, spasms and clonic convulsions, rheumatism and arthralgia.
The Chinese herb gastrodine may be just as effective as conventional drugs for the treatment of vascular dementia, which occurs in some patients after a stroke. Vascular dementia is the second most common cognitive disorder, after Alzheimer's.
Researchers of china studied 120 stroke patients with vascular dementia. The patients were divided into two groups. The first group was given the gastrodine herbal compound granule three times a day for 12 weeks. The second group was given Duxil,a conventional drug used to treat stroke-related dementia. Both treatments were dissolved in hot water, so the patients could take them orally.
Dosage:Be decocted for oral use, 3-9 grams daily decoct for oral administration. If the powder is administered, 1-1.5 grams each time,when grinded into powder for taking with boiled water.
Safety and Toxicity:
Toxicity of Gastrodin: Acute toxicity tests on mice show no poisoning or death 3 days after administration (both oral and IV injection) of gastrodin at 5000mg/kg (the equivalent of 20kg of dried herb). Sub-acute toxicity tests on dogs and mice indicate that gastrodine and HBA do not affect hemogram, the cholesterol level, or liver and kidney functions. Both teratogenesis and cytomorphosis tests are negative.
Precaution and Cautions: Do not use if pregnant.Patients suffering from qi and blood deficiencies should use with caution.
- 1.Description and remedy use of Tall Gastrodia Tuber,Rhizoma Gastrodiae and its Determination Method...
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: