What is Lalang Grass Rhizome? How to apply Cogongrass Root?
- Basic Botanical Data and Identification of Lalang Grass Rhizome.
- Origin of Lalang Grass Rhizome.
- Phytochemicals and Constituents of Lalang Grass Rhizome.
- Pharmacology Actions.
- Properties and functions of Lalang Grass Rhizome.
- Applications of Lalang Grass Rhizome.
- Dosage and Administration.
- Reference Materials.
- Modern Researches and Research Update:Rhizoma Imperatae.
Applications and Properties:
Treat bleeding syndromes due to invasion of pathogenic heat into the blood.
Treat strangury (slow and painful spasmodic discharge of urine drop by drop) caused by pathogenic heat,edema.
Diuretic and antipyretic (reduces fever) effects.
Actions:used as antipyretic, blood purifying agent, hemostatic, diuretic; for the treatment of hematemesis, epistaxis, hematuria, febrile diseases with thirst, oliguria, jaundice, acute respiratory infection with cough, vomiting, stranguria, edema.
It also possesses some antipyretic action. The flower cools the blood with some hemostatic action. It was also reported that 21 cases of acute hepatitis (type A) out of 28 were cured with a daily dose of 100 g of cogongrass decoction. All the symptoms subsided within a period of 45 days. The other 7 cases were markedly ameliorated.
Dosage: 9~30grams for grade type;30~60 grams for fresh type. 15-30 g., decoct for oral administration.
Safety and Toxicity:
- 1.What is Lalang Grass Rhizome? How to apply Cogongrass Root?
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: