Wonderful uses of Willow Herb Species and Epilobium Class,willow herb extract from Epilobium parviflorum and Epilobium angustifollum.
- Basic Botanical Data and Identification of Hoary willowherb,Epilobium parviflorum.
- Botanical Description of Hoary willowherb,Epilobium parviflorum.
- Willow Herb Species and Epilobium Classifications:Identification and Differentiations.
- Tradition and History of Hoary willowherb,Epilobium parviflorum.
- Phytochemicals of Hoary willowherb,Epilobium parviflorum.
- Common Uses and applicatin of Hoary willowherb,Epilobium parviflorum.
- Hair Growth and Hoary willowherb.Epilobium parviflorum.
- Herbal Alternative to Finasteride-as a Natural Anti-Androgen.
- Suggestions and Administrations.
- Research Update:Willow Herb,epilobium parviflorum,Epilobium Angustifolium and others.
Applications and Properties:
Improve BPH.Prostate Supplement.
5-alpha-reductase inhibition.Aromatase inhibiting.
Skin cleansers.Hair loss treatment.Erection dysfunction.
Mechanism of willow herb.
In summary, Small Flowered Willow Herb actives keep the prostate cells in their normal, differentiated state, allowing them to be the cells they were intended to be. Without exposure to these actives the cells can become clonal, leading to hyperplasia and cancer.
The name of the genus Epilobium is from the Greek words epi (upon) and lobos (a pod), from the fact that the flowers stand upon the top of long, thin, pod-like seed-vessels, having somewhat the appearance of rather thick flower-stems. In Ireland, we find it called 'Blooming Sally,' Sally being a corruption of the Latin Salix, the Willow, really a reference to the willow-like leaves. In America, it springs up on ground recently cleared by firing, being one of the plants called 'Fireweed'.
The roots and leaves have demulcent, tonic and astringent properties and are used in domestic medicine in decoction, infusion and cataplasm, as astringents. The root contains mucilage, tannin, starch, sugar, resin, and a crystalline calcium salt. The young shoots are boiled and eaten like asparagus.
Dosage:To make the infusion pour boiling water over 1.5-2 grams (1 teaspoon = 0.8 grams) of finely chopped willowherb, steep for 10 minutes, then strain.
Safety and Toxicity:
Toxic data not available,the effects of Epilobium have not been well studied, so the safety of this herb for pregnant or lactating women has not been established. Epilobium contains substances that affect the production of oestrogen in the body, so this herb should be avoided by pregnant or lactating females.
- 1.Wonderful uses of Willow Herb Species and Epilobium Class,willow herb extract from Epilobium parviflorum and Epilobium angustifollum.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: