Polygala tenuifolia,Chinese senega root,traditional use and modern formula for Restorative Sleep.
- Basic Botanical info of Polygala tenuifolia.
- Botanical Source Introduction of Polygala Root.
- Polygala Recipes:Collection and Prepare.
- Pharmacological Properties of Polygala tenuifolia.
- Phytochemicals and constituents of Polygala Root.
- History of Polygala tenuifolia:Calm Mind Can Lead to Restorative Sleep.
- Traditional Herbs for Sleep and Relaxation:Chinese Senega Root.
- Polygala Root:Administration and Suggestions.
- Research Update:Polygala tenuifolia root,Polygala tenuifolia Willd,Polygala sibirica L.
Applications and Properties:
Lung Benefit,Phlegm Dispel and Stop Cough.
Calm and Anti-Convulsion.
Prevent Dementia and Brain Protection Effects.
Physical strength and intelligence.
Dopamine receptor activity.
Smooth muscle and Cardiac Muscle.
Anti-mutagenic and anci-cancer activity.
Three Spices Sleeping Elixir.
Polygala sibirica is used interchangeably with Polygala tenuifolia in traditional Chinese Medicine and Polygala senega (Snakeroot) also has expectorant activity and has been used in western herbal medicine.
Actions and Indications:for insomnia, forgetfulness, palpitation with fright, cough with abundance of phlegm, cough with difficulty in expelling phlegm, emotional and disorientation with abundance of phlegm, seizures, anxiety, listlessness, boils, abscesses, sores, tumor of breasts, swollen and painful breast.
Dosage:standard dosage of polygala is 1.5-3 grams of dried root, 1.5-3 grams of a fluid extract or 2.5-7.5 grams of a tincture.
Safety and Toxicity:
Prolonged use of polygala may cause upset stomach and diarrhea; as such, it is contraindicated in patients who have ulcers or gastritis,should not be used long-term,should not be used pregnant or lactating women. As of this writing, there are no known drug interactions with polygala.
- 1.Polygala tenuifolia,Chinese senega root,traditional use and modern formula for Restorative Sleep.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: