What is Sea Buckthorn,Hippophae rhamnoides L,Sea Buckthorn Berry,Argousier,Sanddorn,Finbar,Homokt?Seabuckthorn and its History?
- Basic Botanical Data of Sea Buckthorn.
- Sea-Buckthorn(Hippophae rhamnoides L.).
- Phytochemicals and Properties of Sea-Buckthorn berries.
- Nutritional Values of Sea-Buckthorn berries.
- What is the secret of Sea-Buckthorn berries?.
- Wonder-working berries,antioxidant and wide uses.
- Typical composition of the Sea Buckthorn Fruit Extract.
- History of Sea Buckthorn.
- Research Update:Sea Buckthorn or Hippophae rhamnoides.
What is the secret of Sea-Buckthorn berries?:
Sea-Buckthorn berries have a unique composition, combining a cocktail of components usually only found separately. The content of vitamin C, vitamin E and carotenoids reads like the label on a pack of multi-vitamin pills. The vitamin C content is among the highest for any plant (4th after rose-hips, hot chili pepper and sweet red pepper), while for vitamin E it takes 2- nd place around the other "champions" are all nuts and seeds with a high fat content. Sea-Buckthorn berries also have a high content of b-carotene (see Tables 1 and 2). The beta-carotene content is what gives the berries their colour, which can vary from yellow to red depending on the variety. All of these components are classified as natural anti-oxidants, which form a vital part of the body's defense system.
Content of Vitamins C, E and b-carotene per 100 g (Table 1)
Beta-carotene (RE) compare table:
Sweet red peppers:350
Vitamin C (mg) compare table:
Hot Chili peppers 360
Sweet red peppers 250
Sea-Buckthorn berries 220
Vitamin E (mg) compare table:
Wheatgerm oil 190
Sea-Buckthorn berries* 180
Sunflower oil 50
Sunflower seeds 50
Filbert nuts 24
Palm oil 22
* 80% from D-alpha-tocopherol
- 1.What is Sea Buckthorn,Hippophae rhamnoides L,Sea Buckthorn Berry,Argousier,Sanddorn,Finbar,Homokt?Seabuckthorn and its History?
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: