Feverfew,Dioscorides's Fever Reducer or febrifugia,what is the history of this pretty daisy-like flower?
- Basic Botanical Data of Feverfew.
- Cultivation of FeverFew:Feverfew Related Species.
- Feverfew History.
- Phytochemicals and Constituents.
- How FeverFew works in the body and Mechanism.
- Medicinal Action and Uses.
- Modern interest of Tanacetum parthenium.
- Modern Research Update.
- FAQ:Frequently Asked Questions of FeverFew.
- Feverfew:Identification by HPTLC Fingerprint.
- Research Update:FeverFew or Tanacetum parthenium.
Phytochemicals and Constituents.:
Feverfew contains sesquiterpene lactones, volatile oil, pyrethrin, tannins,Parthenolide, pyrethrin, alpha-pinene, sequiterpenes.Feverfew contains a range of compounds known as sesquiterpene lactones. Over 85% of these are a compound called parthenolide. Parthenolide helps prevent excessive clumping of platelets and inhibits the release of certain chemicals, including serotonin and some inflammatory mediators. This may reduce the severity, duration, and frequency of migraine headaches and improve blood vessel tone.
J. Chautard, in 1863, obtained from this plant, by distillation with water, an oil which deposits upon standing in the cold, a laevorotatory camphor, pyrethrum-camphor (C10H16O), distinguished from ordinary camphor by its opposite optical rotation. Besides, the volatile oil contains an oxygenated liquid, and possibly a terpene hydrocarbon.
Western Properties: Analgesic, anti-pyretic, anti-rheumatic, emmenagogue, anti-spasmodic, vaso-dilator, stomachic, uterine stimulant, laxative
Notes:Used for migraines, headaches, rheumatism, fever, digestive problems, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, neuralgia, arthritis, fibromyalgia, sinusitis, gastritis, intestinal parasites, leucorrhea, bronchitis
- 1.Feverfew,Dioscorides's Fever Reducer or febrifugia,what is the history of this pretty daisy-like flower?
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: