Slippery Elm - the funny sounding herb with serious significance.
- Basic Botanical Information of Slippery Elm.
- What Is Slippery Elm Bark,Discovery of Slippery Elm.
- Phytochemicals and Constituents of Slippery Elm.
- Property Uses,Nutrients,Indications,Overview and Value of Slippery Elm.
- What Is Slippery Elm Used for Today?Modern Research of soothing bark Slippery Elm.
- Historical Uses and Legend,Common Traditional Usage List of Slippery Elm.
- Classical Slippery elm Remedy.
- Health Benefits and Supplemental Uses of Slippery elm Bark.
- Slippery Elm:Administration Guide,Preparations and Suggestions.
- Research Updated:Slippery Elm or Ulmus fulva.
Applications and Properties:
Slippery elm and treatment of gastrointestinal symptoms.
Natural Demulcent and emollient.
General gastritis remedy.
Drive away coughs and lung disease.
Diarrhoea.Enema for constipation.
Antioxidant and preserve fatty substances.Skin conditions.
Slippery elm inner bark is very rich in mucilage, a complex mixture of polysaccharides that form a soothing gelatinous fiber when water is added. The pleasant tasting high fibre 'gruel' or porridge made by adding water to the bark was traditionally used as both a food and a medicine by First Nations peoples, and later by European colonists. The mucilage was traditionally used internally for soothing sore throats and tonsillitis, coughs, dryness of the lungs and digestive upsets, and externally for healing wounds and other skin inflammations. Slippery elm tree and root bark were also used as folk remedies for treating many serious degenerative diseases. The bark is particularly recommended for soothing gastric diseases.
Dosage:dry bark powder 800~1,000 mg three to four time per day, may be used. A tea can also be made by boiling 1/2~2 grams of the bark in 200 ml of water for ten to fifteen minutes, then cooled before drinking. Three to four cups a day can be used.3 Tincture, 5 ml three times per day,can be taken as well.
Safety and Toxicity:
Slippery elm is considered a safe herb when taken at commonly recommended dosages. However, because of unknown health risks associated with using the whole bark, make sure to buy products that only contain the inner bark.
- 1.Slippery Elm - the funny sounding herb with serious significance.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: