Ostrea gigas Extract and its Valuable Use.
- Basic Botanical Data Info of Oyster.
- Oyster Description.
- Oyster Shell Origin.
- Properties and Actions:Oyster.
- Oyster Functions and Appplications.
- Modern Researches of Oyster.
- Oyster and Aphrodisiac lore.
- Classifcal Note:Mu Li or Male Oyster?.
- Nutritional Value of Muli or Oyster.
- Research Update:Ostrea gigas and extract.
Oyster Functions and Appplications.:
Oyster shell has the effcts of suppressing the yang and tranquilizing--similar to dragon's bone. With the effects of benefiting yin and clearing away, its effect of suppressing yang is strengthed.
Oyster shell has the action of softening and dissolving hard masses. This drug is often used in symptoms of dizziness and insomnia due to excess of yang and deficiency of yin.
1. Treats irritability, insomnia, dreaminess, amnesia (loss of memory due usually to brain injury, shock, fatigue, etc.) due to excess of yang: It often used with drugs of suppressing liver-yang and transquilizers, such dragon's bone, cinnabaris, white peony root, magnetitum, etc. If those symtoms are due to deficiency of qi and blood and poor nourishing of heart mind, it is often used with drugs of nourishing the heart and tranquilizers, such as Semen Ziziphi spinosae, Semen Biorae, Radix Ginseng, Poria, and so on.
2. For vertigo, headache, irritability due to hyperactivity of liver-yang: can be used together with drugs of calming the liver and suppresing active yang as flos chrysanthemi, radix aehyranthis bidentatae, radix cyathulae, os oraeonis fossilia and so on.
3. For the treatment of spontaneous sweating, night sweating, metrorrhagia (urine bleeding) and metrostaxis, leukorrhagia, spermatorrhea: it can be used respectively with drugs of benefiting vital energy and strengthening superficies, nourishing yin and astringing sweat, relieving metrorrhagia and leukorrhagia, strengthen the kindey and astringing spermatorrhea to supporting the healthy energy.
4. For treatment of scrofula (tuberculosis of lymph nodes especially in the neck) and subcutaneous nodules: it is often used with radix scrophulariae, bulbus friticlariae for softening and dissoving hard masses, dissipating scrofula, as in Scrofula-Eliminating Pill. It is also used for treatment of mass in the abdomen.
5. Besides, this drug has action of neutralizing acidity and analgesia: It can be used to relieve stomachache and acid reguritation.
Dosage and Administration:
15-30 g.Crushed before using and decocted for oral administration.
For astringing, it should be used calcined. For other purposes, it should be used unprepared.
- 1.Ostrea gigas Extract and its Valuable Use.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: