Mucuna pruriens,L-DOPA and its applications.
- Basic Botanical Data of Mucuna pruriens.
- Plant Description:Mucuna Pruriens.
- Phytochemicals and Constituents of Mucuna pruriens.
- Mucuna Pruriens Tribal and Herbal Medicine Uses.
- Herbal Properties and Actions:Mucuna Pruriens.
- Common Benefit and Application of L-Dopa and Mucuna Pruriens.
- Mucuna Pruriens Historical use and Additional Remarks.
- Parkinson's disease and Mucuna Pruriens.
- Mucuna Pruriens Biological Activities and Clinical Research.
- Monoterpene Alkaloid Isolated From Mucuna Pruriens.
- Beans,roots and leaves:a brief history of the pharmacological therapy of parkinsonism.
- L-DOPA:Discovery,Identification and Safety.
- L-DOPA:Cosmetic Applications.
- Research Update:Mucuna pruriens and L-Dopa.
Applications and Properties:
HGH (Human Growth Hormone) boosting.
Better Absorption and Utilization.
Mechanisms:Levodopa or L-DOPA is an intermediate in dopamine biosynthesis. Clinically, levodopa is used in the management of Parkinson's disease.
Mucuna pruriens, also known as Velvet Bean, contains the very powerful neurotransmitter precursor L-Dopa. L-Dopa is precursor of the neurotransmitter Dopamine, an important brain chemical involved in mood, sexuality, and movement.
Mucuna pruriens Bak., Leguminosae, is one of the popular medicinals of China and India. and is constituent of more than 200 indigenous drug formulations It is widespread over most of the subcontinent and is found in bushes and hedges and dry-deciduous, low forests throughout the plains of India. All parts of Mucuna posses valuable medicinal properties and there is a heavy demand of Mucuna in Indian drug markets. After the discovery that Mucuna seeds contain L-dopa, an anti-parkinson disease drug, its demand in international market has increased many fold and demand has motivated Indian farmers to start commercial cultivation.
Dosage:Flowers: 6~12g. Bark: 3~9g. Seeds: 9~15.
Safety and Toxicity:
Ames test highest dose 5000 microgram,lowest dose 0.5 microgram;what ever S9 exist or not,no mutagenic effects observed,extracts for oral taken equal to raw herb dosage about 312.4 g/kg,as high as 150 times of effective dose for animals,no any toxic effects observed,experiment proved that hibiscus leaf extracts and flavones low toxic,safe enough herbs for clinical applications.
- 1.Mucuna pruriens,L-DOPA and its applications.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: