What is Parmelia perlata,Shaileyam,Stone Flowers?
- Basic Botanical Info of Parmelia perlata.
- General Description of Lichen Class and Its Uses.
- Brief literature of Parmelia perlata.
- Contents applications of Parmelia perlata.
- Mechanism and Chemical Change.
- Common Use of Parmelia perlata.
- Major chemical contents from China Lichen.
- Research Update:Parmelia perlata and Phytochemicals.
Applications and Properties:
Cosmetic: Lichen (specific plant) as is; 1% D-usnic acid; 1% Evernic acid; 0.5% Atranorin; 2% Oak moss; 1% stitic acid; 1% fumarprotocetraric acid
Atranorin and cosmetic application.
Species of Parmotrema are collected in large quantities as a food supplement in India (Brodo et al. 2001). Parmotrema spp. are also mentioned in Indian Materia Medica (K. M. Nadkarni, ed., 1976) as useful in treating a number of ailments. Parmotrema chinense in particular, along with Parmotrema perforatum, is used medicinally in India as a diuretic, headache remedy, sedative, and antibiotic for wounds (Brodo et al. 2001).
Safety and Toxicity:
- 1.What is Parmelia perlata,Shaileyam,Stone Flowers?
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: