Cladonia species and Cladonia Stellaris Identification,Economic importance and Phytochemicals,a wonderful thing more than fodder for reindeer.
- Cladonia species and Cladonia Stellaris Identification.
- Cladonia Stellaris Description and Habitat.
- Distribution and ecology:Cladonia Stellaris.
- History and Synoms Record of Cladonia stellaris.
- Cladonia Stellaris Economic importance and Uses.
- Phytochemicals of Cladonia stellaris.
- Cladonia stellaris:Research Update.
Applications and Properties:
Reindeer fodder:Cladonia stellaris has an immense importance as winter fodder for reindeer.
Nutritional Value:phytochemicals such as usnic acid,evinic acid,perlatolic acid,olivetoric acid,2-hydroxyl-4-methoxyl-6-pentyl benzoic acid and 2,4-dihydroxyl benzoic acid identified from this lichen respectively.
Atranorin and cosmetic application.
Among the seven presently accepted species of Cladonia subgenus Cladina (reindeer lichens) in Norway, Cladonia stellaris is probably the most well known as it is easily distinguished and much used for decoration purposes and reindeer fodder.
Morphology and secondary chemistry: Its podetia are repeatedly and densely branched from the base, the branches are divergent with apices pointing in all directions, the outline of the top of the podetium is rounded, and the colour is white to pale yellow. It contains perlatolic and usnic acids (PD-). In Asia and North America there is a widespread chemotype containing psoromic acid (PD+ yellow) in the tip of the branches (often called Cladonia aberrans (Abbayes) Stuckenb.); this chemotype is known from a single European locality in northern Norway(Finnmark, Kvalsund).
Dosage:3 to 5 grams.
Safety and Toxicity:
- 1.Cladonia species and Cladonia Stellaris Identification,Economic importance and Phytochemicals,a wonderful thing more than fodder for reindeer.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: