Theophrastus and the name of Artichoke.
- Basic Botanical Info of Artichoke.
- Artichoke Plant Description.
- What Is Artichoke?.
- Main Actions and Suggested health benefits of artichoke.
- Artichoke has a long history.
- Chemistry,Pharmacology of Origin Plant.
- What is Artichoke Leaf Extract?.
- How Artichoke acts as a Herbal Remedy?.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:Brief
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:1.Effects on the gastrointestinal system.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:2.Artichoke and Lipid Lowering Effects.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:3.High CholesterolDrugs and Side Effects.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:4.Artichoke as a Herbal Medicine.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:5.Cardiovascular health.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:6.Cardiovascular protection.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:7.Hepato-protection.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:8.Dyspepsia.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:9.Liver protection.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:10.Digestion.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:11.Further effects.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:12.Other applications.
- Artichoke plant Research Update.
- Suggestions and Administrations of Artichoke.
- Research Update:Artichoke Leaf.
Applications and Properties:
Lipid Lowering Effects/Cholesterol Lowering/High Cholesterol.
Used as a food and a medical remedy as early as the 4th century B.C., the artichoke plant has a long history. At the time, a pupil of Aristotle named Theophrastus was one of the first to describe the plant in detail. Enjoyed as a delicacy, an appetizer and digestive aid by the aristocracy of the Roman Empire, it later seems to have fallen into oblivion until the 16th century, when medicinal use of the artichoke for liver problems and jaundice was recorded.
In 1850 a French physician successfully used extract of artichoke leaves in the treatment of a boy who had been sick with jaundice for a month and had made no improvement from the drugs used at that time. This accomplishment inspired researchers to find out more about the effects of this extract, and their research resulted in the knowledge we have today about the constituents of the extract and its mechanisms of action.
Dosage:320 mg standardized extract three times daily.
Safety and Toxicity:
Artichoke (Cynara scolymus) has GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) status.If you know you are allergic to artichoke or a related species, don't take artichoke leaf or preparations containing cynarin.If you have obstructed bile ducts or gallstones, do not use artichoke without the guidance of your doctor.individuals with known allergies to artichokes or related plants in the Asteraceae family, such as arnica or chrysanthemums, should avoid using artichoke or cynarin preparations.
- 1.Cladonia species and Cladonia Stellaris Identification,Economic importance and Phytochemicals,a wonderful thing more than fodder for reindeer.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: