Theophrastus and the name of Artichoke.
- Basic Botanical Info of Artichoke.
- Artichoke Plant Description.
- What Is Artichoke?.
- Main Actions and Suggested health benefits of artichoke.
- Artichoke has a long history.
- Chemistry,Pharmacology of Origin Plant.
- What is Artichoke Leaf Extract?.
- How Artichoke acts as a Herbal Remedy?.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:Brief
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:1.Effects on the gastrointestinal system.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:2.Artichoke and Lipid Lowering Effects.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:3.High CholesterolDrugs and Side Effects.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:4.Artichoke as a Herbal Medicine.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:5.Cardiovascular health.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:6.Cardiovascular protection.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:7.Hepato-protection.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:8.Dyspepsia.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:9.Liver protection.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:10.Digestion.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:11.Further effects.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:12.Other applications.
- Artichoke plant Research Update.
- Suggestions and Administrations of Artichoke.
- Research Update:Artichoke Leaf.
Main Actions and Suggested health benefits of artichoke.:
Main Actions (in order): liver and gallbladder bile stimulant, hepatoprotective (liver protector), antihepatotoxic (liver detoxifier), hypocholesterolemic (lowers cholesterol)
Main Uses: for gallstones and as a liver and gallbladder bile stimulant;for high cholesterol;for digestive disorders;for irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn's disease, and other bowel problems;to support liver function.
Suggested health benefits of artichoke:
High Cholestoral: Lowers LDL or bad cholesterol and increases HDL or good cholesterol. Artichoke leaf has been shown to lower cholesterol. One study showed a decrease in total cholesterol of 18.5% and LDL cholesterol by 23%. It had actually gained widespread use in the 1950's and 60's before the advent of "statin" drugs. It is thought to interfere with cholesterol synthesis. A substance it contains called luteolin may play a role in it cholesterol lowering abilities.
Reduces triglycerides, total serum cholesterol
Has diuretic properties - useful in kidney disease
Increases bile flow and lover function - used in connection with cirrhosis
Helps abdominal pain, heartburn, bloating
Relieves constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting
Properties/Actions Documented by Research: antihepatotoxic (clears toxins in liver), antioxidant, liver and gallbladder bile stimulator, hepatoprotective (liver protector), hepatotonic (tones, balances, strengthens the liver), hypocholesterolemic (lowers cholesterol)
Other Properties Actions Documented by Traditional Use:astringent, blood cleanser, cardiotonic (tones, balances, strengthens the heart), detoxifier, digestive stimulant, diuretic, hypotensive (lowers blood pressure), stimulant, tonic (tones, balances, strengthens)
- 1.Cladonia species and Cladonia Stellaris Identification,Economic importance and Phytochemicals,a wonderful thing more than fodder for reindeer.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: