Theophrastus and the name of Artichoke.
- Basic Botanical Info of Artichoke.
- Artichoke Plant Description.
- What Is Artichoke?.
- Main Actions and Suggested health benefits of artichoke.
- Artichoke has a long history.
- Chemistry,Pharmacology of Origin Plant.
- What is Artichoke Leaf Extract?.
- How Artichoke acts as a Herbal Remedy?.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:Brief
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:1.Effects on the gastrointestinal system.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:2.Artichoke and Lipid Lowering Effects.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:3.High CholesterolDrugs and Side Effects.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:4.Artichoke as a Herbal Medicine.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:5.Cardiovascular health.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:6.Cardiovascular protection.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:7.Hepato-protection.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:8.Dyspepsia.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:9.Liver protection.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:10.Digestion.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:11.Further effects.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:12.Other applications.
- Artichoke plant Research Update.
- Suggestions and Administrations of Artichoke.
- Research Update:Artichoke Leaf.
Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:2.Artichoke and Lipid Lowering Effects.:
It is estimated that in America today, approximately 100 million people have high or borderline high levels of serum LDL cholesterol, with an estimated 1,100,000 new cases of recurrent coronary heart attacks per year. One third of these cases will lead to death. We have foods made with hydrogenated oils, saturated fats, high amounts of processed sugar, and fruits lacking important nutrients. Instead of butter, physicians often recommend margarine which can actually increase blood fat values. This occurs due to margarine binding with bile salts. Therefore, margarine is not as beneficial in reducing cholesterol as it may seem. Over-consumption of these products contribute greatly to high levels of LDL cholesterol and interfere with cholesterol metabolism.
Total cholesterol measurements include LDL (low-density lipoprotein) and HDL (high-density lipoprotein). Oxidized LDL is damaging to the arteries, and causes the formation of atherosclerotic plaques in humans, whereas HDL is beneficial. LDL cholesterol levels should be under 130 mg/dl, HDL cholesterol levels should be above 35 mg/dl with total cholesterol levels under 200 mg/dl according to the American Heart Association. Serum cholesterol levels of 200 mg/dl or above are a major risk factor for Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) which is the single leading cause of death in America today. Two thirds of these 100 million adults also do not receive any form of therapy according to the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute.
- 1.Cladonia species and Cladonia Stellaris Identification,Economic importance and Phytochemicals,a wonderful thing more than fodder for reindeer.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: