Theophrastus and the name of Artichoke.
- Basic Botanical Info of Artichoke.
- Artichoke Plant Description.
- What Is Artichoke?.
- Main Actions and Suggested health benefits of artichoke.
- Artichoke has a long history.
- Chemistry,Pharmacology of Origin Plant.
- What is Artichoke Leaf Extract?.
- How Artichoke acts as a Herbal Remedy?.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:Brief
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:1.Effects on the gastrointestinal system.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:2.Artichoke and Lipid Lowering Effects.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:3.High CholesterolDrugs and Side Effects.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:4.Artichoke as a Herbal Medicine.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:5.Cardiovascular health.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:6.Cardiovascular protection.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:7.Hepato-protection.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:8.Dyspepsia.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:9.Liver protection.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:10.Digestion.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:11.Further effects.
- Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:12.Other applications.
- Artichoke plant Research Update.
- Suggestions and Administrations of Artichoke.
- Research Update:Artichoke Leaf.
Artichoke Extract Health Benefits:9.Liver protection.:
Artichoke leaf has been used traditionally as a liver tonic for hundreds of years, and appears to work in a manner similar to that of silymarin from milk thistle, protecting the liver against toxins such as carbon tetrachloride and alcohol, and regenerating damaged liver cells. Because testing the effectiveness of artichoke leaf in protection of the liver involves exposure to toxins, studies so far have only been done on animals.
In one study, laboratory rats who had a portion of their livers removed were given artichoke leaf extract. The regenerative effects of artichoke leaf were demonstrated by several markers, including increase in total liver tissue, increase in cell division, stimulation of circulation in the liver and increase in liver cell content of RNA.
In another study, rats were treated with ethanol. Artichoke leaf was shown to reduce liver damage, and also to lower levels of serum and liver cholesterol.
Several studies have examined the effectiveness of artichoke leaf against liver injury. Rat liver cells exposed to poisonous chemicals were significantly protected against injury by artichoke leaf extract. Most of these studies suggest that cynarin is the compound responsible for the liver cell protective effect. Artichoke leaf extract has also been shown to significantly prevent oxidative damage to liver cells.
- 1.Cladonia species and Cladonia Stellaris Identification,Economic importance and Phytochemicals,a wonderful thing more than fodder for reindeer.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: