Melilotus officinalis Lam:great favourites of the bees.The King's Clover and Its Fragrance.
- Botanical Information of Melilotus officinalis.
- Melilotus officinalis Plant Description.
- Difference between white and yellow sweet colover.
- Sweet clover and alfalfa:Classification.
- Brief History of Meliots.
- Melilotus officinalis Phytochemical and Constituents.
- Edible Uses and Medicinal Uses:Melilotus officinalis.
- Pharmacological Effects:Melilotus officinalis.
- Melilotus officinalis Uses Guide and Administration.
- Research Update:Melilotus officinalis.
Basic Botanical Info:Melilotus officinalis.:
Scientific Name: Melilotus officinalis
Latin names: Melilotus officinalis Lam. Melilotus officinalis (L.) Pall.
Common Name: Melilot (sweet clover),Annual yellow sweetclover,Yellow sweetclover
Other Common Names: Citroengele Honingklaver, Common Melilot, Corn Melilot, Hindigug, Hsun Ts'Ao, Iklil El Malik, Kokulu Yonca, Ling Ling Hsiang, Meliloto, Mirliro, Nifal, Ribbed Melilot, Seiyo-Ebira-Hagi, Sweet Clover, Yellow Melilot, Yellow Sweet Clover, Yellow Sweet-clover, Yellow Sweetclover
Synonyms:Yellow Melilot. White Melilot. Corn Melilot. King's Clover. Sweet Clover. Plaster Clover. Sweet Lucerne. Wild Laburnum. Hart's Tree.
Family: Fabaceae, Pea
Plant Type: Biennial
Where To Plant: Full Sun to Partly Shady
Origin (native to where): temperate Asia
Botanical source: Melilotus officinalis (Linn.), Melilotus alba (Desv.), Melilotus arvensis (Lamk.)
Pronunciation: mel-i-LO-tus oh-fis-in-AY-lis
Habitat: Open disturbed sites to 4500' in most of California except the desert, naturalized from Eurasia
Blooming period: May to August
Flower Color(s): Yellow
Plant Type: Herb, Annual, Biennial, Perennial
Height: To 5 feet (1.5 m) tall
Parts Used Medicinally:The whole herb is used, dried, for medicinal purposes, the flowering shoots, gathered in May, separated from the main stem and dried in the same manner as Broom tops. The dried herb has an intensely fragrant odour, but a somewhat pungent and bitterish taste.
- 1.Melilotus officinalis Lam:great favourites of the bees.The King's Clover and Its Fragrance.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: