Melilotus officinalis Lam:great favourites of the bees.The King's Clover and Its Fragrance.
- Basic Botanical Info:Melilotus officinalis.
- Melilotus officinalis Plant Description.
- Difference between white and yellow sweet colover.
- Sweet clover and alfalfa:Classification.
- Brief History of Meliots.
- Melilotus officinalis Phytochemical and Constituents.
- Edible Uses and Medicinal Uses:Melilotus officinalis.
- Pharmacological Effects:Melilotus officinalis.
- Melilotus officinalis Uses Guide and Administration.
- Research Update:Melilotus officinalis.
Difference between white and yellow sweet colover.:
Difference between white and yelloow sweet colover:
White and yellow sweetclover are very similar, differing primarily in flower color. They are annual or biennial herbs with erect branched stems 0.5-2 m tall, glabrous to sparsely pubescent. The compound leaves have 3 toothed leaflets which are oblanceolate to lanceolate or oblong. The numerous white or yellow pealike flowers occur in racemes in the axils of the upper leaves. The pods are obovate or ovoid 2-5 mm long, slightly compressed to nearly globose, 1-4 seeded, usually indehiscent.
The sweetclovers in the first season of growth produce vegetative shoots which may reach 30 cm. During the second season flowering shoots emerge and rapidly elongate, and plants may attain a height of 2 m. The two species have spread from cultivation and thrive in waste places, roadsides, pastures, and prairies. The plants easily invade open areas outcompeting and displacing desirable native species.
- 1.Melilotus officinalis Lam:great favourites of the bees.The King's Clover and Its Fragrance.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: