Lemongrass,also known as Capim-cidrao,Fever Tea,Melissa Grass,and Sereh,is native to tropical Southeast Asia.
- Basic Botanical Info of Lemongrass.
- Introduction and Plant Description:Cymbopogon Schoenanthus.
- How to grow lemongrass.
- Lemongrass Main constituents and Phytochemicals.
- Lemon grass and its Origin:Cymbopogon Schoenanthus.
- How to Use Lemongrass.
- Pharmacology and Activities:Lemongrass Actions and Indications.
- Herbal remedies using Lemon grass (Cymbopogon citratus).
- Medicinal Uses of Lemongrass.
- Lemon Grass Preparations and Use Guide.
- Administration and Suggestions:Lemongrass.
- Using Lemongrass Essential oil.
- Research Update:lemongrass.
Administration and Suggestions:Lemongrass.:
Dosage: 2-3 Stalks for 4 servings.
Precautions: Lemongrass is not known to be harmful when taken in recommended dosages, though it is important to remember that the long-term effects of taking the herb (in any amount) have not been investigated. The essential oil should not be used internally by children, women who are pregnant or breast-feeding, or people with liver or kidney disease.
In rare cases, lemongrass essential oil has caused allergic reactions when applied to the skin. To minimize skin irritation, dilute the oil in a carrier oil such as safflower or sunflower seed oil before application. As with all essential oils, small amounts should be used, and only for a limited time.
Avoid getting lemongrass (herb or oil) in the eyes. Citral has been reported to irritate the respiratory tract in sensitive people as well as the eyes and skin.
Side effects: When taken internally in recommended dosages, lemongrass is not associated with any bothersome or significant side effects. Cases have been reported, however, in which people have developed skin rashes after drinking lemongrass tea.
Interactions: As of 2003, lemongrass is not known to interact adversely with any drug or dietary supplement.
- 1.Lemongrass,also known as Capim-cidrao,Fever Tea,Melissa Grass,and Sereh,is native to tropical Southeast Asia.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: